Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday's Presentations

Today's presentations were great. I can't believe we had a dance routine and a acoustic concert all in one class. Lisa's dance was great. I loved the black and white ribbons transforming into the colorful rainbow ribbon. The Pink Floyd song was perfect too. Zach's original song was very inspiring. I especially liked the lyrics. I thought it was brilliant how he kept using the word "now," and its relevancy to The Tempest. Both have the word "now" as their most used word. My favorite part of the song were the lyrics:
"So even with them gone it’s not farewell
It’s fare forward as far as I can tell."
I like the saying of fare forward because it deals with the concept of conquering time. Then there was Tom's presentation. The book The Giving Tree used to be my favorite. Although, I always found it very sad. I know, because of Christina's presentation, that we should not find literature sad, but non-the-less I did. The Giving Tree relates perfectly with kenosis. The tree and the emotions of the reader are drained. I feel that the boy should have been nicer to the tree. Well, good job to everyone that went today. I can't wait to see the last of the presentations on Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. It's not that I think we shouldn't find literature sad. I think we shouldn't find it "depressing". I think that word is a mere dismissal. If anything, I DO want people to take the time to see the sadness, to really feel it rather than dismissing it with an easy word....like depressing

    ReplyDelete